Pontypridd & Taff Ely Flood Report 2020
I am pleased to publish the Pontypridd and Taff Ely Flooding Report for local residents which I have worked with in conjunction with our local Member of the Senedd, Mick Antoniw MS.
There are a number of take home recommendations in the report which are listed below:
- A fund needs to be set up to ensure everyone who needs practical ‘flood resilience’ equipment gets it, regardless of affordability.
- A network of flood ambassadors set up in all the affected communities – they would play a central role in ensuring community readiness is maintained.
- Periodic flood warning drills to be carried by NRW and the emergency services in the affected communities.
- Local stocks of sandbags to be made available for when needed. Controlling access to these could be one of the functions of the flood ambassadors.
- Urgent infrastructure repairs at two bridges across the River Taff – at Castle Inn and Berw Road in Pontypridd.
- An assessment of the impact of flooding on mental health (particularly on older people and children) by the local health board.
You can download the report in full here: https://www.alexdaviesjones.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/833/2020/11/Pontypridd-Taff-Ely-flood-report-Mick-Antoniw-MS-and-Alex-Davies-Jones-MP_compressed-1.pdf